Search This Blog

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Rustic Barn Wood Bookcase










This Rustic, barn wood bookcase is the only one of its kind in the world! Falling apart and on its way to dump, I was able to reclaim what others considered junk, and piece it back together and to rustic, country life. This piece has a very unique divider system. Routed slots run full length vertically and line up with a slot along the front trim pieces. Due to the unique size of the dividers, I had to use panels from vintage wood panel doors to reconstruct as these were the perfect width for the slots.
The base was rotten so I used some reclaimed 2 x 6 lumber to give this rustic bookcase a sturdy foundation. I did my best to match the existing, worn, moss green color on other parts of barn wood of this unit.
Yet another piece I hate to see leave my shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment